But seriously, achieving your goals takes discipline. So how do you develop discipline? Here’s my 4-step process:
- Determine the thoughts and beliefs that you have around doing your training. Do you think:
- It should be easy
- You can only do it on good weather days
- It’s hard
- You need to struggle through it
- It’s harder for you than everyone else
- You are slow, unfit…why do you even bother
- You’re too tired, hungry, ______
- Figure out if the thoughts and beliefs are helping you or hindering you?
- Hint: Negative thoughts and beliefs will make it A LOT harder than it needs to be.
- Cultivate thoughts and beliefs that move you forward.
- They don’t have to be all rainbows and unicorns..though you can get to that point!
- Start with something you can believe that gets you out the door and build from there.
- Go out and find ‘proof’ of your new belief and thoughts to reinforce your new way of thinking.
- Enjoy your new found discipline!
Tell me in the comments what beliefs you have that help you get out the door, lets share what works to help each other out
If discipline is a problem for you and you’ve had enough, flick me a DM to find out more about my 12-Week Goal Kickstarter Program – to develop laser focus and kick-ass discipline to get to your goals.